Tuesday, January 29, 2013

18 Weeks

On Sunday morning I had John snap a picture of me at 18 weeks. I think from now on I'll find something tight to wear for pictures so I can better see my size.
Things still seem to be going well. Can't feel the baby as strongly as I could Carson and Landon, which surprises me since on his ultrasounds he's been very active. I have my big anatomy ultrasound next week and I cannot wait to see him again.
I've been super itchy this pregnancy and I'm thinking it has to do with John convincing me to use Tide detergent instead of my homemade. Guess I'll have to switch back to homemade whether he likes it or not since I itch all over and it's maddening! Didn't bother me so much before but apparently I'm super sensitive now.
I think we've decided on a name. We're going to name him Jameson. Seems like such a big name for such a little baby but we can shorten it to James or Jimmy until he's older. We'll see. John really wanted a J name for each of the boys and with this one I finally caved.
Today I placed my last order of cloth diapers that I'll need for the newborn stage! Yay so excited! Actually, I have enough diapers to last through potty training but they're so fun to buy that when I start to get sick of cloth diapering I just know I'll have to splurge and buy a new cute diaper.....since I can't imagine spraying poop off of diapers can be all that fun. Everyone who is a devout cloth user swears it's not that bad and it just becomes routine. We'll see. I've gotten so used to disposables that I know cloth will be a big adjustment.
For the newborn stage I decided not to invest a whole lot since I have 8 lb babies and they won't get tons of use out of newborn sizes. I've purchased mostly Indian prefolds with adorable covers for daytime and easy plain white velcro covers for nighttime, snappi's (takes the place of pins), a couple all in ones, a few fitted's for simple barely awake nighttime changes, and a couple pockets. These little tiny diapers are to die for and it makes me sad he'll only be able to wear them for two months or so. Oh well, I'm sure after a couple months of snappi-ing prefolds I'll be more than happy to move up to my easy one-size diapers. Now for my order to arrive so I can begin prepping, it's early, but I want to do something and until John remodels the baby's room there's not much I can do aside from sewing a few things for him. Once I have my stash together I'll take a picture since it'll be fun to see my stash size at the beginning and the ending once he potty trains.
You know what I'm going to miss? Walking Landon home from Kindergarten. Just me and him. It's strange that it will never be just me and him again. Today was only the 5th time I've picked him up in the car because I thoroughly enjoy our talks on the way home. The other day he got in trouble for singing during class. You know what he was singing?
"I throw my hands up in the air sometimes, saying ay-o, I'm a Lego." His teacher told him to stop but he got such a reaction that he kept going. He will do anything for a laugh. Obviously I lectured him, but John and I laughed and laughed when I told him. Oh boy.
Well that's about it for now. I may post a picture again at 19 weeks, but we'll see if I've grown much by then.



2 comments:

Stephanie Williams said...

I love it "I'm a lego" haha. Made me laugh out loud! I love the name you picked!

Diana said...

That is a super cute name! You are still so tiny!!