At 10am on New Year's Eve we went in for an elective ultrasound to see what sex the baby was. When I saw the money shot it wasn't quite as clear as Carson and Landon, but I definitely did not see girl parts so I knew that meant boy. I wouldn't be totally convinced but the doctor printed a picture that is clear as day. Part of me still feels like it could be a girl, but I think that's just because every single thing about this pregnancy has been different than my other two...which I really just attribute to being older.
We couldn't be happier to be adding another boy. I just love my boys and love that sweet side that only John and I really see. Landon really wanted a girl, but told me the morning of the ultrasound that it doesn't matter because he'll love it either way. A couple weeks ago he was sitting in the kitchen and said "Mom, I know the baby's a boy." I asked how he knew and he said "I just know." I asked him again how he knew and he said "Mom, I don't want to talk about it, I just know." Hmmm. He was right.
I've been collecting boy stuff for quite awhile and if it had been a girl she would have really worn some very boyish things. I guess I just always figured if I had another one it'd be a boy. Go figure. I would like to have a girl just for the adult daughter I'd have someday, not because I necessarily want to raise a girl. I feel like everyone else wanted me to have a girl much more than I wanted one. However, I will admit that I am a bit tired of boy clothes. After two boys I'd like to shop on the other, more colorful side of the store for a change. There's just not much variety over the years in boy clothes and that is my only issue with another boy.
We go back and forth on names, and aren't having an easy time like we did with the boys. I'm thinking of something more old-school traditional. I'm so sick of these ridiculous names people come up with. Give me a Michael, or Jessica. People are trying to be so original that they are unoriginal in the fact that everyone is trying to be original. Make sense?
I'm 15 weeks and really feeling yucky. I still don't feel well, but it does come and go rather than being constant. But like I said before; I'll happily take it for the end result. I know it's getting better because I can make my own wheat bread again, whereas before the smell made me horribly nauseous so I had to buy bread for a few weeks. John can tell every time the baby is going through a growth spurt because I'm hungry nonstop. I mean, I'll eat a meal and be starving thirty minutes later. It's awful. In fact last week during church I sent John home to bring me a snack, and yesterday we went home halfway through so I could eat Olive Garden leftovers. Ugh, it is so annoying be hungry all the time.
I'm beginning to look slightly pregnant rather than just chubby, but that varies from day to day. I was happy when I opened my maternity box and saw that I had saved all my size 10's from after I had Landon. They fit great, even just a week ago. However, yesterday I put on a pair and there was absolutely no way I was getting the zipper or button done up so I just pulled my shirt lower and was thankful I wasn't going out in public. I'm glad I haven't been in maternity jeans yet, but it's about time to pull them out. I did find one wearable maternity skirt in my tub to get me by, but the other maternity skirts and dresses are so blah I won't touch them until I'm really desperate. John and I searched everywhere for a black maternity pencil skirt. Well, the only one I found was $80, which I have a hard time spending on a skirt I'll only wear for a few months. Maternity clothes are such a racket. Guess I try to get by with the un-stylish clothes I have leftover from ten years ago.
Oh the trite problems of a deliriously happy pregnant woman:)
1 comment:
Congrats! I haven't found out what we're having yet, but should by the end of this month. I have to admit that the other day I was walking through the baby clothes, and I was hoping it might be a girl because you are right, girl clothes are much funner to shop for!!
As a side note, I too have been struggling with figuring out what to do about maternity clothes. I don't really want to spend lots of money on new ones, but the ones from 10 years ago are getting pretty blah! I did just order some cute stuff, including a cute black skirt from Old Navy online that was $22.50, but I was able to get free shipping (I ordered a few other things as well), and got lucky enough to get a 25% off my order as well, so it was really very reasonable! The 25% off was a special for the day I ordered, but I get the feeling if you watch, those "specials" come up quite often! The negative is I couldn't try things on before, but they have free return shipping if you need to send it back, and some items can be returned directly to a store. Just a thought! Also, Ross has some cute maternity stuff for a reasonable price, although what they have in stock varies!! Good luck!
Post a Comment