Thursday, October 31, 2013

First Baby Food

My plans were (are?) to make homemade baby food, but well, I just haven't gotten around to it. Besides, it's just so convenient to pop open pre-made baby food. No cooking, no packaging, no mess. I feel slightly less guilty since it was organic, but still...I guess I'm finding the balance between doing what's best for Jameson and what's convenient.
He did very well for his first feeding of pears. This morning I thickened it a little with oatmeal and he loved it and actually pushed out very little. Each time he'd see the spoon coming he'd open his mouth for me. You'd never guess he was new to this eating with a spoon thing.
This is a pic from last night. (We haven't set up his high chair yet)
                                     

Yesterday was Landon's birthday. He wanted to eat at Chuck a Rama and go shopping for a present. He chose a Nerf gun that shoots 30 darts. Oh happy joy joy. Thirty bullets to lose. It was an okay day, which should have been more celebratory for his big day. Carson had homework which had to be done before we went out, so I made an exception to our rule and let Landon play Minecraft while he waited...I think that alone made the day great for him. My cute little seven year old. Such a goofball with such a soft heart. I love my Landon. 
 
Today really stinks since it's halloween and I dropped my boys off at school with no costumes, no parade and no class parties. I look forward to watching them in the parade every year. Surprisingly the boys aren't upset at all that they don't celebrate at school, but it bugs me since it is such a fun day for the kids. Oh well, get over it. We'll have fun tonight. At least there is no school tomorrow.

No comments: