Wednesday, August 24, 2016

First Day of School

This was a great Summer, but boy did it fly by quickly. I went to girl's camp in July and I since I spent the first half of Summer planning for that I felt like my carefree Summer didn't really start until after camp was over. We've hardly even camped as a family this year and are hoping to make up for it in the fall.
Anyway, today was the first day of school and the boys were not happy...unlike mom.
Carson is in seventh grade, which is totally unbelievable!!! I took him over to find his classes and after five minutes he informed me that it was not necessary, that he could find them all on the first day. Okaay. I'd say he's growing up and becoming more independent.
Landon is in fourth and really was not thrilled about school starting up. We didn't even go meet his teacher ahead of time. On the first day we ran a bit late and his class had already gone in, so I sent him in and told him to figure it out. I wasn't worried about him one bit. Shyness is not something Landon struggles with.
 Jameson is not happy he didn't get to go to school. In fact, when we dropped off Landon Jameson went walking right up the stairs to join their class. He truly believed he was headed to school this morning with his shapes and toys packed in his Paw Patrol backpack. On the way home he realized we were LEAVING the school so he sat down on the grass to pout. Poor little guy. He wants to be a big boy so badly. The entire way home he told me he wanted to go to school. Maybe I should have signed him up this year.
My favorite part of the morning was when Carson was walking out the door and Landon said "Wait" he walked over and gave Carson a hug and told him to have a good day at school. It's moments like these that make my heart melt. They are such great friends...even though they won't always admit it.

 




No comments: