Monday, October 3, 2016

Newport Girl's Weekend

After a hot summer of training for St. George, we decided we needed to do our last long run of 18 miles in sunny California. Zalia, Jen and I flew out on the 15th of September, and Anna met us there Friday. We stayed at Zalia's sister's house, just minutes from the beach. Friday we grabbed amazing bonsai bowls for breakfast, then spent the next few hours at the beach. Jen and I spent a fair amount of time on the boogie boards, and we all ate way too much yummy food That Stephanie made for us. That evening we ate at Cheesecake Factory, then did some shopping. Friday we woke up and ran a brutal, but beautiful 17.5 miles. The scenery was an awesome change, and we decided this needs to be an annual trip. After the run we relaxed at the beach again, then flew home Sunday morning. It was my first girls trip in 16 years, and I loved it.
(the photos are not in order)

No comments: